Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
The annual Independence Day Ceremonial Parade will be held at Field Marshal Manekshaw Parade Grounds, Cubbon road on August 15th at 9 am. The Honourable Chief Minister of Karnataka will receive the salute.
The Bangalore Traffic Police has made the following parking and traffic arrangements in and around the area.
- Invitees with yellow car passes are to come on to Cubbon road and enter Gate 1 facing the northern side of the Manekshaw Parade Ground, and park their vehicles on the western side of the ground.
- Invitees with white car passes, and secretaries to the government, military officers, police officers, etc., are to use Gate 2, i.e., Cubbon road and park their vehicles on the western side of parking lot inside the ground.
- Media persons and OB vehicles should enter the parade ground through Gate 3, and park their vehicles on the eastern side of the ground.
- Invitees with pink pass should enter through Gate 3 and park their vehicles on the north eastern side of the parade ground.
- All green car pass holders are to park their vehicles in the parking lot on Kamaraja road and Main Guard Cross road, and enter the ground through Gate 4 and 5 by walk.
- Vehicles carrying participants in the parade and cultural events should drop them off near Gate 1, and park their vehicles on the northern side of MG road, from Anil Kumble circle to Metro Station.
- Government vehicles of PWD, BBMP and other departments can enter the parade ground from Gate 1 on Cubbon road and park their vehicles behind the fort wall (southern side).
- Two-wheeler riders should park their vehicles on the eastern side of Kamaraja road, and enter through Gate 4 and 5 on Kamaraja road by walk.
- Those who do not have car passes can park their vehicles on Kamaraja road parking area, and enter through Gate 4 and 5 by walk.
- Public attending the programme can park their vehicles near Safina Plaza, 1st Floor of BMTC Shopping Complex at Shivajinagar, Chota Maidan (Shivajinagar Corporation Ground) and at Kanteerava Stadium, and enter through Gate 4 and 5 by walk.
- Provision has been made to park BMTC buses carrying participants on the northern side of MG road from Anil Kumble Circle to Metro Station.
Traffic will be diverted from 8.30 am to 10.30 am from BRV junction to Kamaraj road (both directions) on Cubbon road.
- Vehicles coming from Medinova towards Manipal Center should move on Infantry road – Safina Plaza – left turn – Main Guard road – Alies Circle – Dispensary road – Kamaraja road and Dickenson road junction – right turn – KR road – KR road junction – left turn – Cubbon road, onwards to Manipal Center junction.
- Vehicles coming from Manipal junction towards BRV junction on Cubbon road, should take a left turn at KR road junction towards Cauvery Art and Crafts Circle junction – right turn – MG road – Anil Kumble Circle, and proceed ahead.
- Vehicles coming from Anil Kumble Circle towards Cubbon road should go straight on Central Street junction – right turn – Infantry road – Safina Plaza – left turn – Main Guard road – Allies Circle – Dispensary road – Kamaraja road and Dickenson road junction – right turn – KR road junction – left turn – and Cubbon road, onwards to Manipal Center junction.
- Vehicles coming from Coffee Board moving towards BRV should proceed towards Safina Plaza on Infantry road, take left turn at Main Guard road – Allies Circle – right turn – Dispensary road – Kamaraja road and Dickenson road junction – right turn – KR road junction – left turn – Cubbon road, onwards to Manipal Center junction.
- Vehicles coming from Cauvery Arts & Crafts Circle on MG road going towards Cubbon road and KR road junction should go straight on MG road towards Anil Kumble junction, and further ahead.
BTP has asked everyone to be seated before 8.30 am. Due to security reasons, BTP has also requested that invitees and members of the public attending the parade not carry the following items:
- Mobile phones
- Any other equipment
They have also specified that any one carrying the above items will not be allowed entry into the ground.