The Ministry of Human Resource Development in association with the Swacch Bharat Mission and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation is launching the “Swacch Bharat Summer Internship 2018 (SBSI)” for students all across the country.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
PM Narendra Modi, in his latest Mann Ki Baat program addressed the people and encouraged all the students to be involved in this initiative boost the country’s tourism and to contribute towards the welfare of the society. He said that this is a great opportunity for people who really want to work for the betterment of the society and bring about a positive change.
Students who are pursuing higher education in Karnataka can register themselves for the summer internship program. An official notice issued by the Department of Collegiate Education has asked all the degree colleges under it to register their students into the program. They are also directed to provide two extra credits under the Choice-based credit system in case the student takes part in the internship.
Main aims of the Internship program:
- To develop and build the skills and orientation of the youth for sanitation-related work
- Give an opportunity to the youth across the country to make a significant impact in the “Swacchata Revolution”
- The internship is open to students who are enrolled in colleges/ universities that are referred to as the parent institutions.
- They are expected to devote approximately 100 hours in the village selected by the student.
- Candidates can either choose to intern individually or in teams.
An official website has been created to apply for the program. Click here to know more: https://sbsi.mygov.in/about-internship/
The last date to apply for the internship is May 15th 2018 (Register here: https://auth.mygov.in/user/register?destination=oauth2/register/mygovsbsi)
Rewards and Recognition:
- With the completion of the internship, all the students will be offered a Swacch Bharat Internship Certificate.
- Two curriculum credits will be given to the students whose intern reports are found to be eligible by their parent institution.
- The best 3 interns or team of interns will be awarded with cash prizes up to Rs. 2 Lakh.
To know more about the Swacch Bharat Internship Program, click here: https://sbsi.mygov.in/