Apartment ADDA is hosting an award ceremony The Rise High Awards for Management Committees across six categories for their outstanding initiatives – waste management, water management, initiatives outside the gate, domestic staff welfare, renewable energy and builder-association collaborations.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
The Rise High Awards are Apartment ADDA’s effort to celebrate management committees and residents, who volunteer their time and collaborate with vendors, local government etc. to implement outstanding initiatives.
Such initiatives are result of deliberate planning, patient collaboration and diligent execution. Rise High Initiatives not only improve the community where the initiative is implemented, but also set an inspiring example for many other communities. This as a result sets the bar high with regard to the standards of our city, state and country as a whole.
Launched in 2014, the Rise High Awards are held every alternate year. It is the first and only Indian award that honors gated community initiatives. This is the 3rd Instalment of this Award. Citizen Matters is a media partner for the award ceremony.
There is also a series of workshops planned, namely, Neighborhoods of Tomorrow (NoT) for Apartment Management Commitees and Residents working on neighborhood initiatives, RWAs. Participants get a chance to discuss with fellow Management Committees, subject matter experts, city administration and find solutions to their neighborhood problems.
The event will comprise of two major sessions starting with an interactive Knowledge Sharing Session with eminent personalities in domains such as Solar Energy and In-house Composting in Gated Societies.
Date: 08 September 2018
Venue: Royal Orchid Hotel, Domlur, Bengaluru
Registration: INR 500 per Head
To register for the workshop, click here.
- 9:00 AM – Event Registration and Networking
- 9:30AM – 9:45AM – Welcome Note
- 9:45AM – 10:45AM – Energy Efficiency / Solar Rooftop for Gated Communities. Expert Presentation, Presentation by Rise High Award Winners in same Category, Q&A Session
- 10:45AM – 11AM – Coffee Break
- 11AM – 12Noon – In-House Composting Options for Gated Communities. Expert Presentation, Presentation by Rise High Award Winners in same Category, Q&A Session
- 12Noon – 1PM – Presentations by Rise High Award Winners in the Categories: Builder-Association Collaboration, Initiatives Outside the Gate, Water Management and Domestic Staff Welfare. Q&A Session.
- 1PM – 2PM – Lunch Break
- 2PM – 3PM – Sustainable Landscaping for Community Gardens
- 3PM – 4PM – Domestic Staff Welfare, Diversity in Urban Ecosystems
- 4PM – 4:10PM – Presentation of Rise High Trophies and Audience Choice Award to one of the Rise High Award Entries.
- 4:10PM – Coffee Break and End of an Happening Day!
The experts participating:
- Deepak Krishnan, World Resources Institute
- Meera K, Oorvani Foundation
- Savita Hiremath, SWMRT
- Sumedha Malaviya, World Resources Institute
- Vasuki Iyengar, Soil and health solutions
- Vijay Nishanth, Vruksha
- Kazi Zaman, Brigade Petunia, Bangalore
- Devika, Rolling Hills, Hyderabad
- Anil Susarla, Palm greens, Ahmedabad
- Suryakanth Sahu, Raheja Eternity, Mumbai
- Sudha Sivashankar, Olety Landmark, Bangalore
- Sandeep Pai, Century Indus, Bangalore
The report for 2014’s Rise High award and workshop series is here. It focused on better water management in apartment complexes.
The report for 2016’s function is here. It focused on better management of apartments.
Full disclosure: Meera K is the founder of Oorvani Foundation, and is participating in the event as an expert. Citizen Matters is a digital media partner for this programme.