“This time, every street, every lane of Bangalore will demand nothing less than complete justice. We have identified 23 centres in Bangalore. You need to step out this Saturday, 2nd of August between 8-9pm, take your friends, relatives, neighbours, everyone you know to your nearest Candle March centre and light a candle and demand justice. This time WE would be the ones giving out deadlines to give out the TRUE version of the case and arrest all the culprits within that date. They miss the deadline, one more march. WE won’t stop.”
This is the introduction of the Candle March for Justice to be held on Saturday in various parts of Bangalore, between 8pm – 9pm.
The organisers are calling for volunteers for the candle light centres. Marathahalli, Indiranagar, HSR Layout and Sarjapur have already got volunteers. Click the below document to see all the centres, their detailed addresses and the map link for them.
1. Date: 2nd August. Time: 8-9pm (same across all centres)
2. Participants will go to the nearest centre, light candles and stand there in solidarity, silently. The only demand is justice. And, at the earliest. Be at your nearest centre by 8pm.
3. You need to carry candles, paper cups, umbrellas(if it rains), and water (for children and senior citizens).
4. Agenda: Demand fast and transparent justice.
5. Every person has to ensure that 10 people next to him/her are quiet and abiding by the laws.
6. The organisers need 3-4 coordinators from each centre, for cordination with media and others. To volunteer, one needs to comment with your name and chosen centre, on this page.
The event is being organised by THE FIGHTERS – BANGALORE AGAINST RAPE and Whitefield Rising.
‘For stronger anti-rape laws’
Alleged rape in school: Bengaluru parents erupt in anger
Arrested instructor coached hundreds of kids in Whitefield, community shocked
Safety for all children: Can we look at this atleast now?