Namma Bengaluru Foundation today launched the 9th edition of its flagship initiative – ‘Namma Bengaluru Awards 2017’ at a press conference held at Century Club. NBA aims at recognizing, honouring and celebrating the real heroes, who are determined towards Reclaiming Bengaluru. These awards truly are the city’s way of saying ‘Thank You’ to its Real heroes. Present at the occasion were, famed Sandalwood actress Shraddha Srinath and previous NBA winners.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
Bengaluru has witnessed a steady rise in citizen participation over the last couple of years and we take pride in such active Bengalureans, who have taken keen interest in the city’s well-being. Committed, courageous and resolute, these Bengalureans are unstoppable.
Nomination for the awards has kickstarted and citizens can hereby nominate extraordinary Bengalureans under the following categories latest by November 30, 2017:
- Government Official of the Year
- Citizen Individual of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year
- Media Person of the Year
Apart from the above categories, an award will also be presented to the most outstanding contribution in the year 2017 – the Namma Bengalurean of the Year. An esteemed jury comprising of 23 well-revered Bengalureans will be involved in the process starting today. The winners will be announced at a gala event on March 25, 2018.
The jury members for the 9th edition of the awards are:
- Shri. Pradeep Kar, Chairman and Managing Director, Microland
- Shri. Amandeep Sandhu, Author
- Smt. Anita Reddy, Founder Trustee, Association for Voluntary Action and Service – AVAS
- Dr. Ashwin Mahesh, Founder, Social Technology Firm, MapUnity
- Shri. CN Kumar, Founder Chairman, Advantage Offshore Knowledge Services Private
- Prof. G S Siddalingaiah, Poet
- Shri. Ganesh, Actor and Director
- Shri. Jishu Dasgupta, Musician and Marketing consultant
- Shri. Kishore S Rao, Founder Chairman, Karunashraya
- Shri. Murray Culshaw, Chairman, Mahiti.org
- Shri. N S Mukunda, Founding President, Citizens’ Action Forum
- Shri. Prakash Belawadi, Actor and Playwright
- Shri. S Vishwanath, Water Conservation Expert
- Shri. Sajan Poovayya, Senior Advacate, High Court of Karnataka and Supreme Court of India
- Smt. Subhashini Vasanth, Trustee, Vasanth Ratna Foundation of Arts
- Dr. Sudarshan Ballal, Chairman, Manipal Group of Hospitals
- Shri. T R Raghunandan, Former Joint Secretary, Government of India
- Smt. Thara Anooradha, Actress
- Smt. Usha Rajagopalan, Writer and Lake Activist
- Shri. V K Srivatsa, General Secretary, Sri Balaji Layout Residents Welfare Association
- Shri. V Ravichander, Chairman, Feedback Consulting
- Smt. Vasanthi Hariprakash, Independent Media Professional
- Dr. Vishal Rao, Oncology Surgeon
Nominations received will be duly audited in December 2017. Based on certain criteria of assessment, the jury will deliberate on the nominations and shortlist 5-6 people per category. Those who make the cut will be invited for a personal interaction with the jury, following which the final winner will be decided. The winners’ names will be revealed on March 25, 2018.
Bengalureans can fill in their nominations by logging into https://nammabengaluruawards.org/
Pradeep Kar, Chairman of the Jury and Chairman and Managing Director, Mircoland said, “In day to day life we come across many people who are working selflessly towards the betterment of society. I request all the Bengalureans to nominate these unsung heroes so they their work can be an example for rest of us. City needs more just heroes who can fight for the betterment of the society.”
Dr. Ashwin Mahesh, Founder, Social Technology Firm, MapUnity said, “There are so many people in our city who are working for betterment of city and its citizens, without any recognition. Through Namma Benagluru Awards, we aim to recognize these unsung hero’s and honour them for their selfless work towards socity.”
Shraddha Srinath, Actress said, “I moved to Bengaluru in the year 2008 and since then I have seen Bengaluru changing in terms of population and in terms of climate. So many people are working for the city and for the society whose work needs to be highlighted as they set as an example for the rest of us. I thank Jury of the esteemed Namma Bengaluru Awards for their efforts to recognize these unsung heroes and honour them.”
About Namma Bengaluru Foundation
Founded and supported by Rajya Sabha member Shri. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Namma Bengaluru Foundation works towards making Bengaluru a model city, with well-planned infrastructure, well laid out neighborhood community models and people-driven governance measures. NBF aims to be the voice of the people; a voice that needs to be heard for Bengaluru to become a truly Global City.
Note: This press note was sent by Rahul of Namma Bengaluru Foundation, and has been published here under Message Forward section meant for nonprofit public interest messages.
Full disclosure: Citizen Matters is the 2014 winner of Namma Bengaluru Award, in media category.