Inviting you to write an article to comment on how the Master Plan-2031 will impact your neighbourhood, in this contest presented by Citizen Matters, Bengaluru , B.PAC and ooru.in
Check out the draft of the Revised Master Plan – 2031 (RMP-2031) released by Bangalore Development Authority, that is set to define our city’s growth for the next 15 years.
Understand, analyse and write an article to comment on how it will impact your neighbourhood.
What we expect
- Your write up should be based on an understanding of what the Master Plan 2031 is about and how it can impact your locality and city.
- Substantiate your points with context and data.
- Write in a simple and lucid style.
There will be a winner and a runner-up in each language category – a total of 4 prizes to be won! Each winner gets Rs. 10,000 while runner-up gets Rs. 5,000.
Resources to help you
- Revised Master Plan Documents >BDA Revised Master Plan 2031, All Documents
- Guide to decoding the Master Plan > How citizens can decode Bengaluru Master Plan draft
- Webinars on understanding the masterplan >
- Introduction (English) – V Ravichandar – Watch Here
- Introduction (Kannada) – TS Subbiah – Watch Here
- A step wise guide to navigate the Revised Master Plan – by V Ravichandar – Watch Here
- Masterplan vs Regional Plan – Anjali Mohan – Watch Here
- Transport and Mobility – Pawan Mulukutla – Watch Here
- Water & Waste Water in Revised Master Plan – by Dr Sharachchandra Lele – Watch Here
- Implementation of Masterplan – by Gopi Prasad – Watch Here
Open to all Bengalureans aged 15 and above.
- The word count is 800-1200 words.
- Entries must be written in English or Kannada.
- Only one article per entrant is allowed.
- English articles must be submitted online only.
- Kannada articles must be written in unicode, and submitted online. In addition, the word document of the article must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (to avoid font issues later when required)
- The write up has to be original.
- Please go through the Terms and Conditions of the contest before submitting your article
All entries must be submitted before midnight (IST) on Jan 21, 2018.
This contest has ended hence this form has been closed.
How to Apply:
Submit your article in the form below
Terms and Conditions
This analysis and writing contest (contest) will be governed by the terms and conditions (T & C) mentioned herein. These terms and conditions are subject to change or updation by Oorvani Foundation (Oorvani) without any prior notice to the contestants.
Submitting an entry to this contest indicates acceptance of said T & C.
- This contest is only for residents of Bengaluru aged 15 years or above.
- No entries by a team / group of two or more would be accepted.
- There is no entry fee for the contest – it’s free.
- The contest is being run parallelly in two languages – Kannada and English
- A contestant can submit only one entry in total. Multiple entries after the first one will be automatically rejected.
- The write up must be the original work of the contestant and should NOT have been submitted elsewhere prior to, or within after 3 months from the date of submitting it for the contest.
- Translated version of an entry would be disqualified even if the author is not the same.
- Winners of the contests conducted by Citizen Matters earlier, and the employees/associates/immediate family members of BPAC, Citizen Matters and Ooru.in are excluded from participating.
- Only those entries submitted through our online form will be accepted.
- Last date for submitting entries is 21 January 2018.
- Oorvani reserves the right to cancel the contest at any point of time without any prior notice to the participants.
- Results of the contest will be declared in February 2018.
- A panel of judges selected by Oorvani and B.PAC (contest organizers) will judge the entries received.
- Criteria for judgement will include factors like how practical and innovative the contestant’s thoughts are is, the probable impact (short term and long term) of suggestions, etc.
- Decision of contest organizers is final and binding on the contestants. No communication in this regard will be entertained with any of the organisers.
- The contest organizers will not entertain any correspondence from anyone regarding the outcome of the contest at any point of time during or after the competition.
- The winners will be informed through email.
- Winners’ names will also be published on our website(s).
- The reward amount would be paid by a crossed cheque to the winners after verification of ID and age proof. The onus of providing sufficient proof in this regard rests on the contestant.
- Tax liability, if any, rests solely with the winners of this contest.
- Any failure on the part of the winners to comply with directions issued by the contest organizers with respect to this contest, or in the event of any ambiguity / uncertainty / unavailability of the winner(s) could result in the contest organizers, at their sole discretion, cancelling the Prize(s) for such winner(s)
- The contest organizers reserve the right to change the quantity / denomination of the prizes at any point of time and as per their discretion.
- Copyright for the entry submitted remains with the author. The contestants however are deemed to have assigned first publication rights to Oorvani or any of its partners from the day they submit it to a period of 3 months after date of the results being announced.
About the contest organisers
Bangalore Political Action Committee (http://bpac.in/) was established to promote a good quality of life for all citizens of Bangalore City. B.PAC’s Agenda for Bangalore (AfB) is a set of initiatives, across the spectrum of government and society, which it believes will enhance the quality of life for all citizens in Bangalore.
Citizen Matters Bengaluru
Citizen Matters Bengaluru (https://bengaluru.citizenmatters.in) is a city focussed citizen-oriented online newsmagazine covering various issues related to the city including public affairs, community and culture.
A part of the Oorvani Foundation, we encourage citizens of namma ooru to actively participate in her affairs and challenges.