Find your candidate
Who is standing for elections from your area, their profiles and what residents think.
Bangalore South * Basavanagudi Bommanahalli * BTM Layout * Byatrayanapura * Chickpet * Jayanagar * K R Puram * Mahadevapura * Mahalakshmi Layout * Malleshwaram * Pulikeshi Nagar * Rajaji Nagar * Sarvagnanagar Shantinagar Shivaji Nagar Yeshwanthpur
- Krishna Byregowda
- D Venkatesh Murthy: BBMP should be split
- Yogaiah V C: From RWA to MLA Candidate
- Michael Fernandes: I will keep working for people
Sridhar Pabbisetty: knows policy, can he practice?
- DR M R V Prasad:Want to cure the system
- B K Chandrashekhar: Manifestos should be practical
- A C Srinivas: I’m not corrupt
- B K Shivaram: Issues are my greatest opponents
- K J George: I want to do much more, if re-elected
- R Ashoka: Priority to Green Bangalore, water supply
- Ashwin Mahesh: Government data on public domain can prompt citizen participation
- Ramalinga Reddy: BJP Government was partial in releasing funds
- Meenakshi Bharath: For me, winning is a means to solve issues better
- H D Kumaraswamy: Corruption will not be poll-issue this time
- Uday Garudachar: Affordable housing is my priority
- Shobha Karandlaje: Illegal LPG disconnection drive won’t affect my image
- B N Vijayakumar: Shopping complex will be rebuilt
- N A Haris: I got Sulikunte project sanctioned for EWS evictees
- Ashwath Narayan: Getting people to believe in the system was challenging
- Narendra Babu: BBMP isn’t accessible
- Dinesh Gundu Rao: Improvement is a continuous process
- KJP: Real solution is to stop the growth of Bangalore
- JD(S): Better water, power management
We acknowledge Bangalore Political Action Committee (B.PAC) for underwriting part of the costs for Citizen Matters’ data gathering and journalism for Karnataka Assembly Elections – 2013, Bangalore.
For more on public funded journalism, click here.
Amid the usual problems of missing names from voter rolls and proxy-voting threats, people of namma city came out and voted in large numbers than ever before, on the Big Day.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar says he wants the voters to be aware of the real direction required for Bangalore, about the positions of the MLA candidate and political parties, about the real reforms required in city governance
IIMB Professor and Congress Party leader Rajeev Gowda is looking for interns interested in getting first-hand experience of the practical aspects of electoral politics.
BPAC, founded by prominent Bangaloreans including Mohandas Pai and Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, wants to identify and support strong election candidates. Santosh Hegde, B N Vijayakumar and Rajeev Gowda share their thoughts too.
When elections come around, all of us become political pundits with opinions and lamentations. But Priya Ramasubban offers a practical look at things on the ground.
Samaya TV CEO shares how to choose right candidates in this election and why one should vote, even when there are no apparent suitable candidates.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Rajya Sabha MP from Bangalore, reflects on what to consider while voting in this election..
You think your life is far removed from politics, that you are getting on with your life and your interest in the democratic procedure consists of giving a thumbs up or down to Arnab and Rajdeep grilling a politician?.
As low as 10% of the total votes can win a neta a nice chair, a plot, a VIP status, an entourage whose salaries are paid by our taxes and the most powerful weapon – a chance to be in the legislature where our fate can be decided..
Mohandas Pai exhorts citizens to register enmass as voters for the coming state elections. .
Change requires participation in democratic processes, not just exercise of voting rights; as the state readies for the 2013 Assembly elections, how can you engage yourself to make a difference?
Our project collects information on Bangalore’s MLAs – their background, performance, work record and more.
Info for Voters
How to find your name in the rolls? What if you don’t have an EPIC/voter ID card? How to find your polling booth? Who are the candidates? How to select the best?
How to exercise right of not voting – Learn about 49-O option.
Did you ever wonder how your name gets on the voter rolls in Bengaluru? Here’s a quick run through, slideshow included
INC, BJP, JDS and other parties receive huge sums of money as donations from corporates and individuals – who has given how much?