If you are one among the lakhs of voters of Yelahanka, this is what you need to know!
- Understand the role of the MLA
- Learn all you can about the candidates: see below
- Locate your voting booth: TBD
- How to cast your vote: TBD
Incumbent MLA: S R Vishwanath
- 2008 Interview: “Today no politician wants to cut down trees”
- Related Data:
List of candidates, 2018
|M N Gopalakrishna –
Indian National Congress
|S R Vishwanath –
Bharatiya Janata Party
|A M Hanumanthegowda
Janata Dal (Secular)
Full list of candidates:
|2013 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share|
|S R VIshwanath||BJP||75507||50||38.5%|
|2008 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share|
|S R Vishwanath||BJP||60975||45||41.36%|
|Sunitha A H||BSP||1740||31||1.18%|
|K V Vishwanath||IND||1218||41||0.83%|
- Citizens for Bengaluru’s Beku Beda manifesto
- Bengaluru Apartment Federation’s Wish list
- Makkala Jagriti’s Wishlist for Government Schools
- Runners demand open spaces, parks and sports facilities
- Green manifesto asks candidates to commit to segregation, composting, plastic ban
About the Constituency:
Yelahanka was a reserved constituency until the 2004 Assembly elections. Following delimitation, it became a general one. It comprises Atturu, Kempegowda, Chowdeshwari and Yelahanka Satellite Town wards.
As Yelahanka is near to the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA), this is quite a busy region. Land prices shot up after the airport came up. The roads too became busy and bustling. The increase in traffic, supermarkets and commercial establishments has made it quite a busy and urban land..
The population in Yelahanka is a mix of defence, rural as well as urban communities. The main problems here include the lack of drinking water as well as good roads, especially for places in the rural belt. Yelahanka’s parks and trees do make it look healthier than the main city. The main problems that stalk the region include asphalting, drainage and the lack of drinking water. With the borewells and lakes in the city rapidly decreasing, it is expected that the city will soon face a major water crisis. Citizens have egged the BBMP to put in some effort to revive Hessaraghatta and Puttanahalli lakes.
- The number of voters in 2013: 293,212
- Currently, the total number of registered voters: 387,664