If you are one among the lakhs of voters of Gandhi Nagar, this is what you need to know!
- Understand the role of the MLA
- Learn all you can about the candidates: see below
- Locate your voting booth: TBD
- How to cast your vote: TBD
Incumbent MLA: Dinesh Gundu Rao
- What has Dinesh Gundu Rao been upto in the last 5 years?
- Interview: TBD
- Performance evaluation from constituents: TBD
- Related Data: http://opencity.in/information/karnataka-election-candidate-profile-dinesh-gundu-rao
List of candidates, 2018:
|Dinesh Gundu Rao
Party: Indian National Congress
Party: Janata Dal Secular
Party: Aam Aadmi Party
|AR Sapthagiri Gowda
Party: Bharatiya Janata Party
Full List of Candidates:
[embeddoc url=”http://data.opencity.in/Documents/Recent/Karnataka-Assembly-Elections-2018-Candidates-AC-164.pdf” width=”100%” download=”all”]
|2013 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share %|
|Dinesh Gundu Rao||INC||54968||43||49.6%|
|P C Mohan||BJP||32361||49||29.2%|
|V A Pugazhendi||ADMK||3197||54||2.88%|
|2008 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share%|
|Dinesh Gundu Rao||INC||41188||38||41.01%|
- Citizens for Bengaluru’s Beku Beda manifesto
- Bengaluru Apartment Federation’s Wish list
- Makkala Jagriti’s Wishlist for Government Schools
- Runners demand open spaces, parks and sports facilities
- Green manifesto asks candidates to commit to segregation, composting, plastic ban
About the Constituency:
[flexiblemap src=“http://data.opencity.in/Data/Karnataka-Assembly-Constituency-164-1.kml” width=“100%” height=“400px” ]
Gandhinagar constituency is located in central Bangalore. It comprises Dattatreya Temple, Okalipuram, Gandhinagar, Subhash Nagar, Chikpete, Cottonpete and Binnypete wards.
As this area suffers from heavy traffic and pollution, many of of the central busy regions are extremely crowded. You can find the most choked zone being the hub, with railway, bus and metro stations. Gandhinagar ward suffers from traffic problems and pollution. New constructions of multi-storeyed buildings only add to the confusion.
The constituency has become more chaotic with the construction of the Okulipuram 8-lane road, which is still ongoing, creating immense disturbances here. Many people complain that the work is proceeding too slowly.
Residents are heavily in favour of the Congress candidate, mainly because of his accessibility to voters. He has never been known to turn away any of the people who want to meet him here, as the grassroot campaigning is very strong. Residents have put their trust behind their leader, even though many complain that an underpass connecting Okalipuram with Malleswaram is proceeding too slowly.
- The total number of voters in 2008:1,00,439. In 2013, i
- The total number of voters in 2013:1,10,878.
- The total number of registered voters here at present: 2,23,224.