It is that time of the year when people in Bengaluru start rushing to pay property tax to avail discounts. All of us would have paid the taxes for all the previous years (2008-14) by filling the appropriate form (Form I-for properties with PID no./ Form II-for properties having only Khatha no./ Form III-for properties with neither PID nor Khatha no.) and have come to the stage of paying the taxes for the current year. Here’s a guide on how to do it.
- This time, there are of two different types – White (form IV) in bilingual and Blue (Form V)
- Unlike previous years, the forms have already reached all the help centres and are available.
- When there is no change in the status of the properties in any field – either in CATEGORY (Residential / Non-Residential), or DIMENSIONS (Any addition / Deletion to the structure), USAGE (Tenanted / Self occupied) Form IV has to be used.
- Though the Block period for this term came to an end officially, two years ago, an un-official extension has been granted for this year also, as the parliamentary elections are around the corner.
- Just like last year, you find a column on the TOP left hand side of the application, which should be filled, as it is the official identity of your property, where you have to write both the PID numbers, OLD and NEW. The old PID number is available on your application of previous years, what you had written. The new PID number is available in the receipt issued against your payment printed in BOLD letters under the column New PID No.
- Keep handy the photocopies of form I / II / III (Submitted for the year 2008-09), form IV (Submitted for the year 2013-14) OR the forms submitted for REVISION, if any and the relevant receipts.
- Please enter the personal details in Part I as done in previous year. (The Columns for information on the installation nos. of electricity and water, as well as the information of having a borewell at your property is also removed.)
- Please copy the WARD number and NAME of the ward as filled in the form for 2013-14.
- On PART II, fill the details of tax paid in the year 2013-14. (If revised submission has been done, fill according to it) with receipt number and date of payment, in column 08 (a-d).
- If you are paying tax during the 5% rebate period (Upto 30-04-14 – request for extension has already been sought), fill column 09 and draw a line across column 10. If you are paying after the rebate period OR in instalments, fill details in column 10 and draw a line across column 09.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
Solid Waste Management Cess
- Now, coming to the section ‘SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT CESS,’(absolutely no change) write your application number on right hand top boxes provided, and Part 1 consisting of property details as per furnished in Form IV, part I (Page 1), with the new PID no.
- Refer to your form of 2008-09 (Column 6) OR revised one, if any, to the column of ‘BUILT-UP AREA’ and different kind of uses, and fill in accordingly, on ‘PLINTH AREA’ column.
- Refer to the tariff on page no. 2 (Reverse of the form – unchanged) and fill in the ‘RATE PER MONTH’ column.
- Accordingly calculate the area multiplied by rate multiplied by 12 / 06 for FULL / HALF year and enter in the ‘SWM CESS PAYABLE’ column. (Note: The total column refers only to the area and cess amount) 5 % rebate is not applicable on SWM Cess.
- Do not get confused on the depreciation factor. You still enjoy the same depreciation what you were entitled since the year 2008-09. There is no need to calculate it now, is the meaning of the instruction (No.2) on the application form.
- If paying to BBMP directly, on page 2 of form IV fill in the DD / PO details, the amount of Property tax + SWM cess separately and the total of the two in the respective columns and affix your signature.
- Please fill in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, on page 4 with the single amount (Not as filled on page 2). Staple the SWM Cess form to the first sheet of form IV and present it at your respective collection center.
What you need to know regarding payment:
- Cheque and card payments have been discontinued from this year.
- If you are paying BBMP directly, you need to get a DD, or pay through online.
- Those who use the ON-LINE payment system, please log on to this link on BBMP website and follow instructions appearing there.
- In addition to Bangalore One, 340 selected bank branches have been authorised to collect the tax in cash.
- At Banks and Bangalore One counters, cash is accepted for payment.
- The Helpline nos. of BBMP helplines: 23365007 and 65683804
- Central control room number is 22640000 as per newspaper advertisement. These numbers are managed by a private organisation and not by BBMP. They may function or may not.
- Payment below Rs.1000/- (including SWM cess) can be paid by cash at BBMP help centres / ARO offices.
The names of the Banks and branches are as follows :