In view of Mysore Dasara-2014, KSRTC has made elaborate arrangements for operating extra buses as mentioned below in addition to the existing Express, Karnataka Vaibhav, Rajahamsa, Volvo and Volvo Multi-Axle services to provide transport facility to the travelling public coming from various places of the State and Country to attend the World Famous Dasara Festival being held at Mysore.
- From September 25, 400 special busses will be operated in a phased manner.
- 170 special buses are operated exclusively from Mysore Road Bus Station to Mysore. Apart from this, special buses will also be operated to Dharmastala, Kukke Subramanya, Sringeri, Horanadu, Shimoga, Mercara, Mangalore, Davangere, Gokarna, Kollur, Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum, Bijapur, Karwar, Bellary, Hospet, Gulbarga, Raichur and other places of in the state and also to Hyderabad, Chennai, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Selam, Tiruchinapalli, Pudukote, Madurai, Tiruchi, Panjim, Shiradi, Mumbai, Ernakulam, Palghat, Tiruvananthapuram and other places in neighbouring states.
- 230 special buses exclusively operated in Mysore to cater to the needs of the tourists visiting the surrounding tourist, pilgrim centers of Mysore like Chamundi Hills, KRS Dam/Brindavan Gardens, Srirangapatna, Nanjanagud including places like Mercara, Mandya, Malavalli, H D Kote, Chamarajanagar, Hunsur, K R Nagar, Gundlupet etc.
- Facility to book computerized reservation tickets in advance for the special buses have been provided.
- Reserved passengers should note the place of boarding in their reservation ticket.
- Package tour facilities for the convenience of Tourists coming to Mysore:
- Giridarshini : Bandipur, Gopalaswamy Hills, B R Hills, Nanjanagud and Chamundi Hills (Rs.350/-)
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
Jaladarshini: Golden Temple (Bylakuppe), Dubare Forest Nisargadhama, Rajaseat, Harangi Reservoir and KRS (Rs.375/-).
Devadarshini: Nanjanagud, Bluff, Mudukuthore, Talkad, Somanathapura and Srigangapatna (Rs.275/-)
- Information centers are set up in Mysore city and different Bus Stations to give necessary information regarding the services of KSRTC to the travelling public.
- Passengers can book e-ticket online by logging on to www.ksrtc.in.
- Advance reservation of tickets for the special and scheduled buses of KSRTC can be booked through 163 counters in Bangalore City, 20 counters in Mysore and 43 counters in Mangalore and tickets for the services of KSRTC can be booked through the 334 booking counters established by KSRTC in Karnataka and at important cities of neighbouring States i.e. Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Pondichery, Maharashtra and Goa State.
- A discount of 5% on the fare will be extended, if four or more passengers book tickets in a single ticket. A Discount of 10% is offered on the return journey ticket if onward and return journey tickets are booked simultaneously.
- The details of the special operations like place and timings of departure have been provided in the computerized advance reservation network and KSRTC website for the information of the travelling public.
- In addition to the above, special buses will be operated from all Taluk Bus Stands in the jurisdiction of KSRTC based on the traffic needs.
This is the content of a press note from KSRTC, carried as it is here, as part of Message Forward, a section meant for non-profit messages meant for public interest messages.