Today, the BBMP Commissioner issued an order that applies to all apartments/gated communities/layouts in Bengaluru, so as to ensure social distancing and quarantining of citizens. The order directs BBMP officers to ensure that the following preventive measures are undertaken strictly.
- Spraying and fumigating apartment complexes, gated communities and layouts.
- Ensure there are hand sanitisers/soap solution at the entry and exit, and ensure that every person entering or exiting uses them to wash their hands.
- Ensure that the health of every person who enters/exits, is checked using a thermal sensor.
- If any one is found with a cough, cold or fever, ensure that they undergo a medical test.
- Ensure that all those who work in an apartment complex/gated community/layout are wearing masks, gloves and shoes during their work hours, and also wash their hands with sanitiser/soap.
- Ensure that apartment complexes/gated communities/layouts dispose of their waste in a proper manner after sorting them into dry, wet, sanitary and bio waste. The latter two should be disposed with paper/eco-friendly wrapping. All these should be handed over to the BBMP/bulk waste vendor’s staff.
- Swimming pools, gyms, club houses, parks and play/recreation areas in apartment complexes/gated communities/layouts must be compulsorily closed until further orders.
Officials concerned who are found not implementing the above orders will face strict action.
[This article is based on a press release from BBMP.]
How to act if few flatmates(10-15) doing group gathering in society common area even though it is lock down. Is this violation of law?
Very Happy to read the guide lines issued to apartments . But BBMP should concentrate on the cleanliness of the City as a whole, which is their primary responsibility. At and dry garbage are not gathered from houses by the contractors regularly. Road cleaning is pathetic. Sanitary workers are not provided protective gear to safeguard them from infections. No one seems to visit the wards to supervise or check the work done by contractors.
Virus can spread in other layouts too. Everyone must take care.
No where sanitizer is available, you make arrangement for vegetables, all the supermarket closed in kodigehalli
Pl make arrangment and help us.
BBMP can make arrangements to get fruits and vegetables at every big apartment to avoid rushing of many people to vegetables vendor s. Should identify a big place to keep all cases of identied people.Doctors, nursing staff and other health workers at one place only.
What about dry n wet garbage?
No garbage vehicle arrived in bangalore.
Since last week the garbage is not being lifted the mini truck guy says he will lift only from single apartment. We regularly pay Rs 40/per flat per month, keep our waste segregated and also pay our tax .So what is this new dictate .
“”…………the mini truck guy says he will lift only from SINGLE APARTMENT …..”
It is unclear; does he mean only independent houses- not an ‘apartment complex’
Can the residents of gated communities go for walking/jogging maintaining proper distance ? Are they allowed to take their pets for a walk , if they dispose off pets’ poop properly ?
Now BBMP must ensure that gloves, masks, sanitizers etc are made available to the apartments. Nothing is available in the market so how do apartments implement this? Though government has made it clear that retailers, online delivery of essentials etc is exempt, BBMP officials and concerned authorities are stopping it.