A press note from Bangalore Traffic Police details the plan for new year eve on MG Road and nearby areas. Here are the excerpts:
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
A large number of people, motorists as well as pedestrians, traditionally throng MG Road, Brigade Road, Residency Road, St.Marks Road and Church Street on the New Year’s Eve. In the interest of public safety and convenience it is necessary to restrict and regulate the movement of vehicular traffic and parking of vehicles on MG Road, Brigade Road, Church Street, St Marks Road, Rest House road and Residency road on the night intervening between 31/12/2014 and 02/01/2015.
- There will be no entry for vehicles except police vehicles and vehicles of essential services on duty, from any direction from 8 pm on 31/12/2014 upto 1 am on 01/01/2015 on the following roads.
- MG Road, from Anil Kumble junction upto the junction with Residency road near the Mayo Hall.
- Brigade Road, from Cauvery Emporium Jn. upto the Opera Jn.
- Church Street, from its Jn. on Brigade Road upto the junction of Museum road.
- Museum road, from its junction with the M.G.Road upto its junction with Old Madras Bank road.
- Rest House road, from its junction on Museum road upto its junction on Brigade Road.
- Kamaraj road, from Cauvery Emporium junction to Cubbon road junction and Cubbon road junction to Arts and Crafts Emporium.
- Residency Cross road, from Residency Road to M.G.Road (Shankarnag Theatre junction)
- MG Road, from Anil Kumble junction upto Trinity Circle.
- Brigade Road, from Arts and Crafts junction upto Opera Junction.
- Church Street, from its junction with Brigade road upto its junction on St.Marks Road.
- Rest House Road, from its junction on Brigade road upto its junction with Museum Road.
- Museum Road, from its Junction on M.G.Road upto its Junction with Old Madras Bank Road.
- Vehicles proceeding in the direction of Cantonment areas, from Halasuru will turn right near Trinity Circle and enter Halasuru road, turn left on Dickenson road and proceed towards Cubbon Road.
- Parking of vehicle is allowed on both sides of Kamaraja road from Kamaraja road junction to Commercial Street junction.
- Public can also park their private vehicles at 1st floor BMTC Shopping complex, Shivajinagar Bus Stand area.
Metro trains to run till 2 am
Another press note from Bangalore Metro Railway Corporation Limited (BMRCL) said that Metro trains will run till 2 am on the night of December 31, instead of closing at 10 pm. The frequency of trains will depend on number of travellers, which could even be less than one per half an hour.