You are going to vote for a candidate as your MP for the next five years; this might not be a one-minute decision if you have an open mind and are willing to compare the candidates. This compilation is meant to help get all the info for your own comparison in one place, so that you spend less time searching.
Bangalore North has around 22 lakh voters and covers the assembly constituency areas of Bytarayanapura, Dasarahalli, Hebbal, K.R.Puram, Mahalakshmi Layout, Malleshwaram, Pulakeshinagar and Yeshwanthpur.
Affidavit comparisons: No criminal cases against major candidates in Bangalore North
ADR affidavit analysis: Click here
Candidate Debate: Report of the debate organised by BPAC
D V Sadananda Gowda, BJP
Elected to the 14th Lok Sabha. His track record as researched by PRS
Babu Mathew, AAP
C N Narayanaswamy, INC
Abdul Azeem, JD(S)
Issues in Bangalore North Constituency
- There are no UGD connections in some areas. Sewage seeps underground from cesspits.
- Frequent power cuts in suburban areas
- Bad roads ridden with potholes
- Traffic congestion is also severe along this road, especially near Tin Factory and KR Pura hanging bridge.
- Lack of streetlights
- Poor garbage clearance, even in the areas where rich and elite live, like Malleshwaram and Sadashivanagar.
- Flooding during rains.
- Lake encroachment, buildings on dried up lake beds
- Stray animals
- BDA layouts like Vrushabhavathi Layout don’t have proper road or sanitary lines.
- Blocked manholes
- High rises coming up without proper permissions around near Jakkur and Yelahanka aerodromes could cause safety risks in future.
In all there are 14 candidates contesting from Bangalore North, view the complete list of candidates – https://bengaluru.citizenmatters.in/articles/candidates-list
Find out which wards / Assembly constituencies comes under Bangalore North Parliamentary Constituency: Click here.
More articles on Bangalore North