Here is a spreadsheet for calculating tax payable for self occupied/tenanted apartments that gives you step by step calculation for entry in the appropriate columns in the application form once you fill up the basic data needed.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
- It has two tabs …one for self occupied and the other for tenant occupied.
- Rows 11 to 16 (highlighted in yellow) are for data entries. Insert appropriate values in column B.
- Refer to hand book, area help center or website to find out the zone and unit area values and the value for depreciation as per the year of construction.
- Rows 19 to 35 gives you the calculated values which you can enter in the appropriate column in the Application Form .
- If the apartment is partly rented and partly self occupied in the year, fill the application form with proportional values. The values have to be calculated manually based on the values in the tables.
- Follow the general guidelines in this article.