On 31 January 2009, nine months after Oorvani Media launched citizenmatters.in, Bangalore’s first online community e-newsmagazine, we are have launched the Citizen Matters print fortnightly magazine.
Our free, sleek, 16-page magazine hit the south Bangalore localities of JP Nagar and BTM Layout II Stage on the morning of 31 January 2009, a day behind schedule. The first issue – Vol 1 Issue 1, dated 30 Jan 2009 – 12 Feb 2009. We encourage you to send us your responses and feedback as we grow to cover other areas of the city.
The following are the distribution areas for launch print edition.
- JP Nagar III and IInd phases
- JP Nagar I, IV, V, VI, and VIII phases (partial)
- BTM Layout Second Stage (partial)
In addition, you can pick up copies at the following local businesses in the J P Nagar/BTM area from Saturday afternoon onwards.
- Nagasri book shop, 9’th Block, 25’th Main, behind Jayanagar post office
- Pari’s Houte Couture, Marenahalli/South End Rd, Opp to Megamart
- K O Jewellery, 24’th Main Road, J P Nagar, just before the road block
- Pragathi Books & Stationers, On the BTM Ring Road, just past Silk Board,
next to Bajaj showroom.
- Factory outlet (shoes), BTM Ring Road, just after Gangothri Hospital,
before Udipi Garden junction
- Sai Ram Kodak Whizz, BTM Ring Road, basement of Factory outlet
Three advertisers are participating in this issue. Our thanks to them.
- Maya Organic, a furniture retailer offering contemporary designs, at Bannerghatta Road, opposite Shoppers’ Stop. MO is current running a 30% off promotion. www.mayaorganic.com.
- Samhita Academy. A new school that opened on Bannerghatta Road, past Meenakshi Temple, before Tulip Resorts. Admissions open for nursery school and class I-V.
- Printo, a one-stop printing solutions store, located in Jayanagar (9th block), Koramangala, and Indiranagar. Print is running 5% discount program for Citizen Matters readers. Use the coupon on page 15 of your print issue.
Our thanks to everyone for staying the course with us! We hope you like our print product just as you did the online magazine. Keep reading and stay involved online and in print!
That’s all for now and see you Feb 13, when our next issue releases.