Ranga Shankara is organising a seminar on Company Theatre at 6 pm on 3rd November as part of the Ranga Shankara Theatre Festival ’08, which pays tribute to this golden era of Indian theatre.
Speakers at the seminar include,
- Amal Allana, renowned director and Chairperson of the National School of Drama, who will speak on gender impersonation in Company Nataka and reflect on the phenomenon in her own plays.
- Nissar Allana, renowned stage designer and author of Painted Scenaries: Backdrops of the 19th Century Marathi Sangeet Natak, who will speak on the subject of his book, the sceneries of the Marathi stage
- Prof. Ramakrishna Marate from Dharwad, who will speak on the professional theatre of North Karnataka, where Company Nataka is alive to this day.
- Gudihali Nagaraj, who will speak on the professional theatre of old Mysore.
- Dr. Sripad Bhat from Haveri, who will speak on the professional theatre in modern theatre
Prof. S.R. Ramesh from Mysore will moderate the seminar. Invited respondents include Malathi Sudhir, Malathi Mysore and Chindodi Bangaresh.
The seminar is open to the public.
Details of the event :
Name : Seminar on Company Theatre
Language : English & Kannada
Date : 03 November 2008
Time : 6.00 pm
Venue : Ranga Shankara, JP Nagar
Admission : Entry fee