The fourth edition of the Bangalore Business Literature Festival is back. It’s on 8 th September 2018 at WeWork Galaxy, Residency Road, Bengaluru, says a press note.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
The theme this year is ‘Future of Work & India’. 18 Top speakers will look beyond the impact of automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning on factors that will shape careers, business relevance, green jobs, entrepreneurship, and startups in India.
It will also delve into how people and governments respond to technology-led massive disruptions to careers and societies. Also, in this state of uncertainty, it will focus on how and what professionals, entrepreneurs and students need to learn and assimilate so that they are
better prepared to make smarter career choices – that Future of Work starts tomorrow, not a year or two or five years later.
The purpose of Biz Litfest is to build a platform of business literature readers, aspiring and published writers, publishers and other stakeholders. Its mission is to enrich and deepen conversations so that the collective knowledge, competence and innovativeness of Indian
business leaders, executives and students are enriched and enhanced manifold.
In its past editions in 2015, 2016 and 2017, the Bangalore Biz Litfest hosted more than 50 authors and business leaders and drew the participation of readers across India. It addressed themes such as Business Biographies, Entrepreneurship Literature and The Art and Science of reading and writing.
Click bangalorebizlitfest.com to register.
The top confirmed speakers
- Ravi Venkatesan, Author, Business Leader, Chairman of Bank of Baroda and former India Chairman, Microsoft
- Dr. Lalitesh Katragadda, Google Map Maker, Advisor on AI & Machine Vision
- Prof. Rishikesha T. Krishnan, Director of IIM Indore
- Nagaraja Prakasam, Angel Investor, Mentor NSRCEL IIMB
- Ankit Nagori, Co-Founder, CureFit, Angel Investor, former Head of Business Flipkart
- P.S.Narayan, Head – Sustainability, Social Initiatives & Wipro Foundation
- Nikhil Kumar, Fellow at iSpirt Foundation
- Prof. Vasanthi Srinivasan, Faculty, IIM Bangalore
- Priya Chetty-Rajagopal, Founder, Multiversal Advisory
- Sridhar Pabbisetty, CEO, Namma Bengaluru Foundation
- Aarti Wig, Co-founder, Yunus Social Business India
- Anil Srinivasan, Musician & Writer
- Kolluru Krishan, CEO, Skills Council for Green Jobs
- Dr. Ashwin Naik, Founder, Vaatsalya Healthcare, Ashoka Fellow
- François Gramoli, Creative Director, WeWork
- Mridula Ramesh, Author, Entrepreneur, Angel Investor
- Srini Ramaswami, Founder, chittii.in
About Bangalore Biz LitFest
The Bangalore Biz Lit fest – www.bangalorebizlitfest.com was conceived and founded by Benedict Paramanand. Its purpose is to build a platform of authors, readers and the publishing industry to facilitate engaging and transformative conversations. And also nurture varied and deep learning among business leaders, entrepreneurs and students so that Indian businesses become more competitive, innovative and people-centric.
The founding team includes:
- The Chair, V. Raghunathan – CEO, GMR Varalakshmi Foundation, Author of bestsellers like Games Indians Play, Locks Mahabharata & Mathematics, Ganesha.
- Shankar P – Editor at Knowledge @ Wharton, and former resident editor, The Economic Times, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Shinie Antony – Columnist with The Economic Times, co-founder of the Bangalore Literature Festival and author of The Orphanage of Words and several books.
- Sangeeth Varghese – Management thinker and author of bestsellers, Open Source Leader and Decide to Lead
Quotes of some current and past speakers
It was indeed heartwarming to see so many young writers participate in the 2017 Business Lit fest. The participation and enthusiasm exhibited by the audience was truly elevating. I personally gained a lot by listening. I have always believed life is also about letting your
imagination take flight and soar and enjoy the beauty of within and without. I would certainly attend the next one.
- Suresh Krishnan, Chairman, TVS Group
I’ve been speaking at BizlitFeat last three years. Great to see it has grown into a bigger event addressing relevant issues as theme. India is at a great juncture to define a future for herself as well move 350 million out of poverty into futuristic sustainable jobs.
- Nagaraja Prakasam, co-founder, chairman – Nativelead foundation. Resident Mentor – NSRCEL, IIMB
More details can be found here.
Note: This press note was shared by Benedict Pramanand, CEO of Bangalore Biz Litfest, who is also an editor and author, and published here under ‘Message Forward’, a section meant for nonprofit public interest messages.