UPDATE: For Summary revisions of rolls open November 5th to December 4th 2012, click here.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
The Election commission of India has announced a special opportunity for the citizens of Bengaluru.
- You can enrol as a first-time voter or oncoming to reside in Assembly Constituency.
- If your name has been left out in the voter’s list published in January, give the required information to the booth level officers when they visit your house, to enable them to include your name. Any kind of form filling is not required.
- You can get corrections done in your entry or the EPIC card issued to you.
- You can submit your passport size photograph in case it is not there in the roll.
- You can check your details in the voters list in BBMP ward office or at http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in
The schedule for these special revisions:
April 16 to April 30 – Door-to-door verification
April 16 to May 8 – Claims and Objections period
By May 23 – Disposal of claims and objections
June 15 – Publication of final roll
- Indian citizens above 18 years of age as on January 01, 2012 are eligible to be included in the electoral roll.
- Citizens can fill in and submit respective application forms regarding any addition, modification or deletion in their photo electoral rolls.
- For inclusion of new name, Form 6 has to be filled with age and address proofs.
- Any family member can submit application on behalf of any other family member.
Form 6 – For inclusion of names as first-time voter, inclusion of name missing from the electoral roll and transposition of name from previous constituency to present constituency.
Form 7 – For seeking deletion of name from existing rolls
Form 8 – For correction of any particulars in the rolls
Form 8A – transposition of name from one part of assembly constituency to another part in the same constituency.
Election commission has welcomed all the Resident Welfare Association and Voluntary organisations to associate with them.
Voters can send SMS to 9243355223 to know their details in the electoral rolls in the following format – ***kaepicelectors photo identity card number***
Clarifications and more details can be availed by calling – 080 22660000 / 22221188
For electoral rolls and other details, contact:
Office of the Electoral registration officers, Assistant Electoral registration officers, Additional/Joint commissioners of BBMP and Deputy commissioner, Bangalore urban district. ⊕