For the past few years, development works executed by civic agencies including BWSSB, BDA, BBMP and KPTCL have been going on in HSR Layout. This has resulted in frequent traffic diversions into HSR Layout, from Ring Road – Sarjapur Road, that cause major inconvenience for us all.
Residents and shopkeepers along 27th main road of HSR Layout continue to live with the pain caused by BWSSB water pipeline work. The peace of this layout has been disturbed with attendant noise and pollution over months.
- Will the authorities now at least clearly communicate the schedule of work?
- Why was a geological survey, with use of satellite imagery, not done by BWSSB to ascertain suitability of alignment and plan the entire work before execution?
- What is stopping BBMP from co-ordinating this work now with BWSSB on priority and completing the road work in a time-bound manner?
- What prevented BBMP, KPTCL and BWSSB from planning and co-ordinating their work when there were dry spells for over six months before onset of monsoons?
- What pro-active steps are being taken by the elected representatives to alleviate problems and hasten completion rather than merely paying lip service or talking to the junior staff of these agencies?
- Why is there a lack of commitment by BDA to resolve the Army land issue on 27th Main Road?
We have shared our concerns with authorities a number of times. The entire stretch of this main road – one of the lifelines of HSR Layout – has been mutilated right from the junction of Sarjapur Road to Somasundarapalaya. This road is the main link to many apartment blocks in HSR and beyond.
BWSSB and their contractors have given excuses like rains hindering their work as well as sudden appearance of rocks in the alignment of the pipeline.
Issue of Army Land exchange for development of 27th Main Road towards Somasundarapalaya
Over three years ago, the state government had taken up a case for exchange of land with Army. The land in question is an army-owned barricaded portion jutting into the 27th main road after the 22nd cross junction. I understand all formalities pertaining to exchange of this land with BDA sites have been completed over a year back. At my individual capacity, I have been personally following up on this, during the last three years with local army authorities and BDA. Will BDA now ensure completion of 27th main road?
Someone must be answerable
There appears to be no sense of urgency being shown by civic authorities to complete this work. It is just dragging. We certainly deserve better infrastructure. Mere first aid treatment of roads is not adequate. There must be a systematic supervision of the quality and timely completion of works.