State government’s Food and Civil Supplies (FCS) department has been accepting online applications for new ration cards at here. Here are some details you will need to fill online application form:
-Ward number, taluk, city and district name
-RR number and location code of your electricity connection (from BESCOM bills)
-Personal details like address, phone number, job, DOB, number of years you have been staying in the house etc
-Details of family members to be included in ration card
-Total annual income of the family
-Details of your LPG connection (agency name, consumer number, name of connection owner), if any. This data will be cross checked with FCS’s existing data of valid LPG connections.
-Number of your old ration card, if any
-Aadhar number, PAN card details etc are asked, but are not compulsory.
No documents have to be submitted online. On submitting data, you will get an online acknowledgement form with a receipt number. Acknowledgement will also be SMSed to the mobile number that you had provided in the application form. There is no deadline for applying.
"The process is the same as the earlier LPG verification – if RR number matches, card is approved. For those with LPG connections, both RR number and LPG verification is mandatory before ration card is approved," says Gangadhar, Deputy Director (Bangalore Urban) at FCS.
General public are not allowed submit LPG verification details online directly anymore, but they can get it done through their respective LPG agencies. "Half of all ration card applications – about 1.5 lakh – is from Bangalore Urban alone. We have not started issuing cards yet, it will take some time," says Gangadhar.
The department had suspended about 12 lakh ration cards in urban areas in the state during its earlier LPG verification drive. In Bangalore, about 58,400 APL ration cards have been cancelled, 16,000 are under verification, and about 25,000 have been accepted as valid. "This is mostly because the correct RR number was not provided. These applicants can still get their gas agencies to enter the correct number and get their cards approved," says Gangadhar.
Tip: Use www. bbmpelections.in to get details of your ward.
Improvements in Process
Citizen Matters reader S Srinivasan Reader shares some concerns about the current application format:
1. Many applicants may not know their ward numbers. Detailed tables on different localities and the wards they come under, should be given.
2. In the page for entering family details, the ADD button should have been placed on the right hand side, for clarity. Currently ADD button may go unnoticed, and the applicant may directly move on to the next page.
3. Instead of adding details of each family member in one page after another, a single page format would be better.
4. In the final acknowledgement page, there is only a PRINT button, but no SAVE option. Applicants without printer or PDF converter in their computers should be able to save the acknowledgement page.
5. If applicant has made any errors in the application, there is no option to make changes after getting the acknowledgement. An option should be given in the acknowledgement form itself to cancel it and re-apply.
6. The website should provide more information on the process.
I have surrendered my card on 11.4.2011 so far not got a card meantime I have applied online got SMS many a times visited K.R. puram office, no point even after a year struggling to get one, i have come under BPL mine comes under APL, please suggest how do i come out this and get a ration card
You apply for new Ration Card only. You can give your comments in the box at the end giving details of the old card .
You can request cancellation of the old card and request for new one through this form.
Can you give more details on this? Are the old ration cards still in use?
I just wanted to know. I have been trying to apply online. Both me and my wife had older ration cards from which we have deleted our names. If we give any of our old ration card numbers, it gives an error “Old Ration Card number not exists”. Do you have any clue how to resolve this issue?
Thank you for publishing my views for improvement. The tip you have given at the end of the article cannot be used to get details of the ward. Please note, election wards are different from food department wards. For example, chikkallasandra election ward is 176 Bangalore South and for Ration Card, it is 183. Please find from the drop down menus in the first page of the Online application form to locate your ward. This is the reason I wanted a separate Table for wards covering each and every locality in Urban and rural areas.