The traffic situation at the KR Puram Flyover Bridge makes for a miserable and highly frustrating experience. Nowadays, most Bangaloreans have to travel miles to reach their office or work place. In the midst of the journey, ordinary traffic state or jams are bearable but the situation of waiting at the same point for close to an hour is frustrating.
The different issues I have noticed and faced at this junction are:
• Cross roads access to and from the junction.
• Roads narrows down terribly at the Railway bridge junction … leading to huge congestion. The roads’ width is just about what can accomodate 2 buses standing side by side.
• Traffic cops standby without being much help
• The roads are too narrow to support a bus stop at that junction. Bus stop is too close to the congested junction and so transport vehicles (local and inter-state) stop the bus right in the middle of the road, in front of the bus stop. This creates a huge block for the traffic following the buses.
• The state of the road is even more miserable just adding to the chaos on the road. Each pothole is more like a manhole.
• During rains, the state is even more miserable … water clogs are a treat to the commuting traffic.
• Vehicles coming from the Outer – Ring road towards Kolar and KR Puram add to the chaos with their attempts to take U-Turn towards the fly over.
After a long day, this is the least of what Bangalorean’s would really want …But what are the Development Authorities doing about such situations? This is the BIG question in our minds. ⊕