During enrolment, residents have to fill an enrolment form which will have basic details such as name, address etc. Evidence of Proof of Identity (PoI), Proof of Address (PoA) and Date of Birth (DoB) should be produced. If original documents are not available, copies attested by a notary/gazetted officer will be accepted. Additionally, biometric details – which include scanning of 10 fingerprints and iris, and photograph – will be taken. For children under 15, biometric details won’t be taken; their UID will be linked to their parent’s after verification.
As per the UID website, here are the documents which will be accepted as proof:
For PoI (containing name and photo):
- 1. Passport
- 2. PAN Card
- 3. Ration/ PDS Photo Card
- 4. Voter ID
- 5. Driving License
- 6. Government Photo ID Cards
- 7. NREGS Job Card
- 8. Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- 9. Arms License
- 10. Photo Bank ATM Card
- 11. Photo Credit Card
- 12. Pensioner Photo Card
- 13. Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- 14. Kissan Photo Passbook
- 15. CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
- 16. Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- 17. Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
Documents without photos will not be accepted. Older photos are acceptable.
For PoA (containing name and address):
- 1. Passport
- 2. Bank Statement/ Passbook
- 3. Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- 4. Ration Card
- 5. Voter ID
- 6. Driving License
- 7. Government Photo ID cards
- 8. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- 9. Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- 10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- 11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- 12. Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- 13. Insurance Policy
- 14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- 15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- 16. Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- 17. NREGS Job Card
- 18. Arms License
- 19. Pensioner Card
- 20. Freedom Fighter Card
- 21. Kissan Passbook
- 22. CGHS / ECHS Card
- 23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
- 24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- 25. Income Tax Assessment Order
- 26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
- 27. Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- 28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- 29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having photo issued by the state government.
For DoB proof (having name and DoB):
- 1. Birth Certificate
- 2. SSLC Book/Certificate
- 3. Passport
- 4. Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
Copies of documents will be verified against the original and stored by Registrar for audit later. After registering, an enrolment number will be given. The 12-digit Aadhaar number will be issued within 20-30 days by Speed Post.
In the case of people who do not have documents for proof, there is an introducer system. The Registrar for enrolment can designate individuals who can vouch for the validity of a person’s information. Introducers can be government agencies, banks, teachers, village postmen, elected representatives and NGOs. Introducers will be enrolled first and given training. Their UID will be mentioned among the details of the person who gets enrolled.
While UID enrolment is going to start in Bangalore in June, civil society organisations are raising concerns about security, feasibility and usefulness of UID. In a panel discussion organised by the Centre for Internet and Society on May 26, these concerns were raised. Congress MLA Narendra Babu, who was one of the panelists, said that the concerns were valid and that they should be considered.
hmm.. Sometime back they came to our house stuck a tiny sticker with some number. We were supposed to get calls for getting the picture & bio-metrics taken. So, is that no longer relevant?
thanks for all the info provided. Is it possible to list out all the P.O. where we can register. this will help in identifying which is the nearest P.O.