Like minded citizens of Shakambarinagar ward have come together to form a citizens’ forum to address the civic issues of the ward and closely work with the elected representatives as well as civic authorities. The organisation meets every fortnight (Monday) at their office in JP Nagar.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
Below are some issues pertaining to Shakambari Nagar Ward:
– Installation of ward name boards at all the four boundaries of Shakambari Nagar.
– Installing of street/ Road boards which are broken or defaced.
– Identifying and desilting of storm water drains, road side drains, shoulder drains.
– To install solar lighting at streets and parks on a pilot basis. Pruning of tree branches planted by BBMP which is hindering the services of telephone and electric supply and also free movement of vehicles.
– Footpaths have been used for dumping construction materials, unauthorised sheds have been erected and parking of vehicles to be stopped.
– Regular mosquito fogging and spraying of insecticides in the water logging areas.
– It has been observed that in many buildings the basement parking area have been used for commercial activities which has to be reverted.
– It is observed that BESCOM officials prune the tree branches on the street and leave it there without bothering to shift the same to a designated place which is hindering the free movement of pedestrians. This has also been brought to the notice of Engineers concerned on several occasions.
– To examine the possibility of extending the 9th Main Road from 4th Block to J P Nagar to ease the traffic congestions on Sarakki Main Road and 11th Main Road, Jayanagar.
– There are over 40 electrical transformers which are situated on the foot path which is hindering the free movement of pedestrians which are to be shifted or converted into single pole transformers. BBMP/BESCOM has to do the needful.
– It has been observed that many of the transmission towers and related generator sets are installed on the topmost floor of the buildings and residences. We feel that most of them are dangerously positioned and unsafe. The concerned authorities have to take necessary steps to prevent loss of life and property.
– There are three newly erected BMTC Bus Shelters on 46th Cross between 9th Main to 11th Main (within 100 meters) 5th Block citizens are in the dark as to where the buses stop. BMTC/BBMP traffic police to make note of it.
We have observed that the posters and advertisements hand bills are being pasted on trees. Bus shelters, walls, telephone, electric poles, which is defacing the beauty of the locality. Action should be taken against offenders. Whenever a major developmental decision is taken pertaining to the ward, the authorities should consult the public before implementing it.
Contact: T S Krishnamurthy, Shakambari Citizens’ Forum Convenor. Ph: 9632726796.
Info provided by Forum member, N Mukund.
Building of a new drain started on Tuesday July 13, at 9th Main 36th cross. The 1 km drain will stretch from National College Park (Pattabhirama Nagar) to Marenahalli (Shakambari Nagar) and is being built at a cost of Rs 1.8 crores. Corporators of Pattabhirama Nagar and Shakambari Nagar, C K Rama murthy and B Somashekar, along with Jayanagar MLA B N Vijayakumar attended the foundation stone ceremony. The project will be completed in three months.