This juction is at Chikkallasandra and is situated on Uttarahalli road, 18th main (Komarla Feeds road) and Chikkallasandra main road in front of the Sani Mahathma Temple. It is extremely chaotic and the road users have absolutely no civic sense. The traffic flow is very heavy at all times and there is no police post to regulate. All types of vehicles are parked near the junction flouting basic rules and adding to the chaotic situation. The roads are also not broad enough for vehicles to move . There are three hairpin bends at the junction which do not allow view of the traffic flow. Accidents can occur any time.
Recently, bus stop posts have been installed without taking the bus movements directions into any consideration. Buses stop nonchalantly right at the junction for the public to disembark or getting inside, blocking the traffic. One can see people running behind moving buses across the junction to catch a seat.
High mast lights have been installed at one side of the junction. The illumination of the area is not uniform due to the obstruction by thick foliage branches of a tree. Whoever installed the lights did not care to locate the lights properly and also not cut the tree branches.
The heavy traffic had started because of the closure of Ring road and Subramanyapura road junction at Kadirenahalli . It is not known when this work will be completed. Uttarahalli road has become very congested due to several apartment complexes and used as a bypass route to Kengeri. The junction is situated at a deep bend around the Brigade Residency apartment complex and a steep slope from Padmanabhanagar side. Vehicles coming from this side up the slope get stalled at the junction invariably . Many vehicles take U-turn or reverse at the junction.
The matter is going to become much worse and complicated when the flyover work is taken up at the Devegowda petrol bunk junction on the Ring road.
Following suggestions are given for the authorities to take appropriate corrective steps in the interest of public.
• Locate the bus stops atleast at 50 meters away and after the junction on either side of Uttarahalli main road, taking into account all the Bus routes and their to and fro movements.
• Ban parking of any type of vehicle in this area.
• Do not permit heavy vehicles plying in this road at all times except at night.
• There should be a permanent police post at the junction.
• Zebra crossings should be provided at appropriate places with indicators.
• Traffic lights should be fitted on all the three roads at four places.
• The high mast lights need relocation for uniform illumination of the area and the tree branches to be trimmed