Citizen Matters presents a contest for all enthusiastic writers of Bengaluru. Write an article on what you’d do if you were the Mayor to make a difference to Bengaluru. In either Kannada or English.
What we expect
- Innovative yet practical ideas for what you’d do as the Mayor of Bengaluru that can make the city better.
- Your writeup should be based on an understanding of the role of the Mayor and the authority vested in them.
- Your arguments should make one think, substantiate them with context and data.
- Write in a simple and lucid style.
One winner in each language category get a cash prize of Rs 10,000/-*.
About The Sponsor
ApartmentADDA is a Private Social Network for Apartment Residents; Society Accounting and Apartment Management Software for Apartment Association or Residents Welfare Association (RWA) or Cooperative Housing Society (CHS).
ApartmentADDA software takes care of all technology requirements of Apartment Complexes, including Billing, Accounting, Management, Online Security Gate Management, Communication Software and much more!
ApartmentADDA is India’s #1 platform for residential communities, being used by 18K+ Apartment Complexes across India.
Open to all Bangaloreans aged 15 and above.
- The word count is 800-1200 words.
- Entries must be written in English or Kannada
- Only one essay per entrant is allowed
- Must be submitted online only
- Has to be original
- Please go through the Terms and Conditions of the contest before submitting your article
All entries must be submitted before midnight (IST) on Sept 28, 2017.
How to Apply:
Submit your article in the form below
Terms and Conditions
This writing contest (contest) will be governed by the terms and conditions (T & C) mentioned herein. These terms and conditions are subject to change or updation by Oorvani Foundation (Oorvani) without any prior notice to the contestants.
Submitting an entry to this contest indicates acceptance of said T & C.
- This contest is only for residents of Bengaluru aged 15 years or above.
- No entries by a team / group of two or more would be accepted.
- There is no entry fee for the contest.
- The contest is being run parallelly in two languages – Kannada and English
- A contestant can submit only one entry in total. Multiple entries after the first one will be automatically rejected.
- The write up must be the original work of the contestant and should NOT have been submitted elsewhere prior to, or within after 3 months from the date of submitting it for the contest.
- Translated version of an entry would be disqualified even if the author is not the same.
- Only those entries submitted through our online form will be accepted.
- Last date for submitting entries is 28 September 2017.
- Oorvani reserves the right to cancel the contest at any point of time without any prior notice to the participants.
- Results of the contest will be declared by 20 October 2017.
- A panel of judges selected by Oorvani will judge the entries received.
- Criteria for judgement will include factors like how practical and innovative the contestant’s thoughts are is, the probable impact (short term and long term) of suggestions, etc.
- Decision of Oorvani is final and binding on the contestants. No communication in this regard will be entertained.
- Oorvani will not entertain any correspondence from anyone regarding the outcome of the contest at any point of time during or after the competition.
- The winners will be informed through email.
- Winners’ names will also be published on our website(s). In case the winner does not get an official intimation from us within 2 working days from the date of announcement of the results, he / she can write to us within 7 working days thereafter on the email id specified on the contest result page.
- The reward amount would be paid by a crossed cheque to the winners after verification of ID and age proof. The onus of providing sufficient proof in this regard rests on the contestant.
- Tax liability, if any, rests solely with the winners of this contest.
- Any failure on the part of the winners to comply with directions issued by Oorvani with respect to this contest, or in the event of any ambiguity / uncertainty / unavailability of the winner(s) could result in Oorvani, at its sole discretion, cancelling the Prize(s) for such winner(s)
- Oorvani reserves the right to change the quantity / denomination of the prizes at any point of time and as per its discretion.
- Copyright for the entry submitted remains with the author. The contestants however are deemed to have assigned first publication rights to Oorvani or any of its partners from the day they submit it to a period of 3 months after date of the results being announced.
- Employees and associates of Oorvani and ApartmentADDA or their family members are not eligible to participate in this contest.