A press note from Karnataka State Road Transport Company (KSRTC) details the special transport arrangements during Gowri-Ganesh Festival, for August 27 and 28. Below is the press note text:
In view of Gowri-Ganesh festival, KSRTC has made elaborate arrangements for operating more than 1,000 extra buses as mentioned below in addition to the existing schedules to provide transport facility to the traveling public from August 27, 2014 to August 28, 2014.
- Special buses will be exclusively operated from Bangalore Kempegowda Bus Station to Dharmastala, Kukkesubramanya, Shimoga, Hassan, Mangalore, Coondapura, Shringeri, Horanadu, Davangere, Hubli, Dharwar, Belgaum, Bijapur, Gokarna, Sirsi, Karwar, Raichur, Gulbarga, Bellary, Koppala, Yadgir, Bidar, Thirupathi and other places.
- Special buses from Mysore Road Satellite bus station will be exclusively operated towards Mysore, Hunsur, Piriyapatna, Virajpet, Kushalanagar, Mercara routes.
- All premier special buses will be operated from Shanthinagar BMTC Bus Stand to Madurai, Kumbakonam, Trichy, Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Hyderabad and other places in Tamil Nadu and Andra Pradesh.
- Special buses will be operated from Vijayanagara, J P Nagar, Jayanagar 4th Block and 9th Block, Jalahalli Cross, Navarang(Rajajinagar), Malleshwaram 18th Cross, and Kengeri Satellite Town to Shimoga, Davanagere, Tirupathi, Mangalore, Coondapur, Sringeri, Horanadu, Kukkesubramanya Dharmastala and other places based on the traffic potential.
- Special buses for passengers who have advance reservation will be operated from Mysore road Satellite bus station towards North-West (Hubli, Dharwar, Belgaum, Bijapur, Gokarna, Sirsi, Karwar, etc.) and North-East (Gulbarga, Bellary, Raichur, Hospet, Koppal, Yadgir, Bidar, etc) of Karnataka. Buses with no advance reservation will be operated from Kempegowda Bus Station to destinations in North-East and North-West of Karnataka.
- Facility to book computerized reservation tickets in advance for the special buses have been provided.
- Reserved passengers should note the place of boarding in their reservation ticket.
- Passengers can book tickets online by logging on to www.ksrtc.in.
- Advance reservation of tickets for the special and scheduled buses of KSRTC can be booked through 173 counters in Bangalore City, 14 counters in Mysore and 54 counters in Mangalore and other 230 computerized reservation counters of KSRTC located at other places in Karnataka.
- A discount of 5% on the fare will be extended, if four or more passengers book tickets in a single ticket and a discount of 10% is offered on the return journey ticket if onward and downward journey tickets are booked simultaneously.
- Advance Reservation of tickets for the services of KSRTC can be booked through the booking counters established by KSRTC at important cities of neighbouring States i.e. Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Pondichery, Maharashtra and Goa State.
- The details of the special operations like place and timings of departure have been provided in the computerized advance reservation network and KSRTC website for the information of the traveling public.
- In addition to the above, special buses will be operated from all Taluk Bus Stands in the jurisdiction of KSRTC based on the traffic needs.