A press note from KSRTC describes the arrangement of special buses, in view of Gowri-Ganesh festival. Here goes the press note:
KSRTC has made elaborate arrangements for operating more than 1000 extra buses as mentioned below in addition to the existing schedules to provide transport facility to the traveling public from 15.09.2015 to 16.09.2015.
- Special buses will be exclusively operated from Bangalore Kempegowda Bus Station to Dharmastala, Kukkesubramanya, Shimoga, Hassan, Mangalore, Coondapura, Shringeri, Horanadu, Davangere, Hubli, Dharwar, Belgaum, Bijapur, Gokarna, Sirsi, Karwar, Raichur, Gulbarga, Bellary, Koppala, Yadgir, Bidar, Thirupathi and other places.
- Special buses from Mysore road Satellite bus station will be exclusively operated towards Mysore, Hunsur, Piriyapatna, Virajpet, Kushalanagar, Mercara routes.
- All premier Special buses will be operated from Shanthinagar BMTC Bus Stand to Madurai, Kumbakonam, Trichy, Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Hyderabad and other places in Tamil Nadu and Andra Pradesh.
- Special buses will be operated from Vijayanagara, J P Nagar, Jayanagar 4th Block and 9th Block, Jalahalli Cross, Navarang(Rajajinagar), Malleshwaram 18th Cross, and Kengeri Satellite Town to Shimoga, Davanagere, Tirupathi, Mangalore, Coondapur, Sringeri, Horanadu, Kukkesubramanya Dharmastala and other places based on the traffic potential.
- Special buses for passengers who have advance reservation will be operated from Mysore road Satellite bus station towards North-West (Hubli, Dharwar, Belgaum, Bijapur, Gokarna, Sirsi, Karwar, etc.) of Karnataka. Buses with no advance reservation will be operated from Kempegowda Bus Station.
- Special buses for passengers who have advance reservation will be operated from Sri Basaweshwara Bus Station(Peenya) towards North-East (Gulbarga, Bellary, Raichur, Hospet, Koppal, Yadgir, Bidar, etc) of Karnataka. Buses with no advance reservation will be operated from Kempegowda Bus Station.
- Facility to book computerised reservation tickets in advance for the special buses have been provided.
- Reserved passengers should note the place of boarding in their reservation ticket.
- Passengers can book tickets online by logging on to www.ksrtc.in.
- Advance reservation of tickets for the special and scheduled buses of KSRTC can be booked through 171 counters in Bangalore City, 17 counters in Mysore and 35 counters in Mangalore and other 230 computerized reservation counters of KSRTC located at other places in Karnataka.
- A discount of 5% on the fare will be extended, if four or more passengers book tickets in a single ticket and a discount of 10% is offered on the return journey ticket if onward and downward journey tickets are booked simultaneously.
- Advance Reservation of tickets for the services of KSRTC can be booked through the booking counters established by KSRTC at important cities of neighbouring States i.e. Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Pondichery, Maharashtra and Goa State.
- The details of the special operations like place and timings of departure have been provided in the computerised advance reservation network and KSRTC website for the information of the traveling public.
- In addition to the above, special buses will be operated from all Taluk Bus Stands in the jurisdiction of KSRTC based on the traffic needs.
The mythical BMTC bus that never reaches platform no. 29
10 reasons that discourage me from travelling in BMTC buses
Use bus as a solution to traffic
Will Bangalore buses run for the people, or for profits?