A press note from Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) states that as many as 1200 buses will be exclusively operated from Bengaluru Kempegowda Bus Station to Dharmastala, Kukkesubramanya, Shivamogga, Hassan, Mangaluru, Kundapura, Sringeri, Horanadu, Davangere, Hubballi, Dharwad, Belagavi, Vijayapura, Gokarna, Sirsi, Karwar, Raichur, Kalaburagi, Ballari, Koppala, Yadgir, Bidar, Tirupathi and other places, as it is the Gowri-Ganesha festival season.
- Special buses from Mysuru Road Bus Station will be exclusively operated towards Mysuru, Hunsur, Piriyapatna, Virajpet, Kushalanagar, Madikeri.
- All premier special buses will be operated from Shanthinagar(In front of KSRTC, Bengaluru Central Depot-4 & Depot-2) to Madurai, Kumbakonam, Trichy, Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Hyderabad and other places in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh/Telangana state.
- Special buses will be operated from Sri Basaveshwara Bus Station, Vijayanagara, Jayanagar 4 th Block, Jalahalli Cross, Navarang (Rajajinagar), Malleshwaram 18 th Cross, Banashankari, Jeevanbheemanagar, ITI Gate, Ganganagar, Kengeri Satellite Town to Shivamogga, Davanagere, Tirupathi, Mangaluru, Kundapur, Sringeri, Horanadu, Kukkesubramanya, Dharmastala and other places based on the traffic potential.
- Facility is provided to book computerized reservation tickets in advance for the special buses.
- Reserved passengers are requested to note the place of boarding in their reservation ticket.
- Passengers can book tickets online by logging on to www.ksrtc.in.
- Advance reservation of tickets for the special and scheduled buses of KSRTC can be booked through 707 counters in Karnataka and other States.
- A discount of 5% on the fare will be extended, if four or more passenger’s book tickets in a single ticket and a discount of 10% is offered on the return journey ticket if onward and downward journey tickets are booked simultaneously.
- Advance Reservation tickets for the services of KSRTC can be booked through the booking counters established by KSRTC at important cities of neighbouring States i.e. Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Puducherry, Maharashtra and Goa State.
The details of the special operations like place and timings of departure have been provided in the computerized advance reservation network and also in the advance reservation tickets KSRTC website for the information of the traveling public.
- In addition to the above, special buses will be operated from all Taluk/District Bus Stands in the jurisdiction of KSRTC based on the traffic needs.
Note: This press note was shared by KSRTC Public Relation Officer (PRO) and has been published with minimal editing.