Incumbent MLA: M Krishnappa
List of Candidates, 2018
Party: Indian National Congress
Party: Bharatiya Janata Party
Paramashiva N E
Party: Janata Dal (Secular)
Full list of candidates:
|2013 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share%|
|B.S Vagesh Prasad||KJP||1791||51||1.34%|
|2008 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share %|
- Citizens for Bengaluru’s Beku Beda manifesto
- Bengaluru Apartment Federation’s Wish list
- Makkala Jagriti’s Wishlist for Government Schools
- Runners demand open spaces, parks and sports facilities
- Green manifesto asks candidates to commit to segregation, composting, plastic ban
- Demands from Constituents: TBD
About the Constituency:
Vijayanagar Constituency is the northernmost area in south Bangalore. The name is a legacy of the Vijayanagara empire of the 15th and 16th centuries. This constituency is surrounded by Mysore Road and Magadi Road, while Chord Road runs through it. Vijayanagar comprises Kempapura Agrahara, Vijayanagar, Hosahalli, Athiguppe, Hampinagar, Bapujinagar, Gali Anjaneya Temple and Deepanjalinagar wards.
The problems in this area are like those in other constituencies, including congested roads, heavy traffic, lack of street lights and flooded low-lying areas during the rains. Other issues are open drains, potholed roads and poor garbage management.
The Vrishabhavathi river as well as its tributaries are considered to be “a nuisance” here. Over the years, they are being viewed at as sewerage points. Residents here also complain that there is no general hospital and very few primary health centres, so they are forced to travel long distances for hospital service.
- The number of votes in 2008: 1,09,616
- The number of votes in 2013: 1,33,256.
- The total number of registered voters currently: 220653.