If you are one among the lakhs of voters of Shivajinagar, this is what you need to know!
Incumbent MLA: Roshan Baig R
List of candidates, 2018
|R Roshan Baig
Party:Indian National Congress
|Katta Subramanya Naidu
Party:Bharatiya Janata Party
Party:Aam Aadmi Party
|Shaikh Masthan Ali
Party:Janata Dal (secular)
Full list of Candidates:
|2013 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share %|
|R Roshan Baig||INC||49649||59||54.62%|
|Abbas Ali Bohra||JD(S)||5983||60||6.58%|
|I R Perumal||KJP||2869||60||3.16%|
|2008 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share%|
|R Roshan Baig||INC||43013||54||53.53%|
|B M Ashfaq Ahmed||JD(S)||1647||42||2.05%|
- Citizens for Bengaluru’s Beku Beda manifesto
- Bengaluru Apartment Federation’s Wish list
- Makkala Jagriti’s Wishlist for Government Schools
- Runners demand open spaces, parks and sports facilities
- Green manifesto asks candidates to commit to segregation, composting, plastic ban
About the Constituency:
Shivaji Nagar, the bastion of Roshan Baig, is appreciated for its environment of communal harmony, with a large Muslim and considerable Tamil population. Voters here concur that Roshan Baig is in constant interaction with the people here.
Earlier, Shivaji Nagar had the lowest number of voters. Before the delimitation, Sampangiramanagar (ward 77), Vasanthnagar (78) and Shivajinagar (79) wards were included in this constituency. But now, Bharathinagar (80), Ulsoor (81) and Jayamahal (92) wards are included. Vidhana Soudha is part of the constituency.
In Halsoor, 2016, citizens filed an RTI to track the sanction of a Rs-4-crore-STP construction for their lake, but in vain. Other problems voiced by citizens in the constituency include garbage mismanagement, shortage of bus stops, parks, playgrounds, poor water supply and bad infrastructure. The Shivaji Nagar ward is a crowded market area, while other wards have a mix of diverse groups.
- Total number of voters in 2008: 80,363
- Total number of voters in 2013: 90,900
- The total number of registered voters currently:1,91,528.