If you are one among the lakhs of voters of Pulikeshi Nagar, this is what you need to know!
Incumbent MLA: Akhanda Srinivasa Murthy R
- Related Data:
List of candidates, 2018
|R. Akhanda Srinivas Murthy
Party: Indian National Congress
|B Prasanna Kumar
Janata Dal (secular)
Bharatiya Janata Party
Aam Aadmi Party
Full List of Candidates:
|2013 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share %|
|Akhanda Srinivas Murthy R||JD(S)||48995||43||48.75%|
|B Prasanna Kumar||INC||38796||65||38.6%|
|Palani Velu K||BJP||4589||47||4.57%|
|2008 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share%|
|B Prasanna Kumar||INC||39577||56||50.41%|
|R. Srinivasa Murthy||JD(S)||21908||40||27.9%|
|DR. Chikka Melurappa Alias Prof. Mylarappa||BJP||11131||46||14.18%|
- Citizens for Bengaluru’s Beku Beda manifesto
- Bengaluru Apartment Federation’s Wish list
- Makkala Jagriti’s Wishlist for Government Schools
- Runners demand open spaces, parks and sports facilities
- Green manifesto asks candidates to commit to segregation, composting, plastic ban
About the Constituency:
Pulakeshi Nagar is located in the heart of the city, but residents feel alienated and complain of being treated as second-class citizens. The wards in this area are Kushal Nagar, Kaval Bairasandra, Devara Jeevanahalli, Muneshwara Nagar, Sagayara Puram, S.K. Garden and Pulakeshi Nagar.
Ironically, this region has the doubtful reputation of having the maximum number of slums that are homes for pourakarmikas. Yet garbage collection is the biggest problem here. There are more than 4,000 pourakarmikas, who complain of being paid less than their minimum wages. They also list their main problems to include waste disposal, stray dog menace and uncleared drains.
Lack of adequate water supply also haunts this place. Residents ask for a water treatment plant, better road construction and wider living spaces.
- The total number of voters in 2008: 78,515.
- The total number of voters in 2013: 1,00,505.
- The total number of registered voters currently: 2,31,913.