If you are one among the lakhs of voters of Govindrajnagar, this is what you need to know!
- Understand the role of the MLA
- Learn all you can about the candidates: see below
- Locate your voting booth: TBD
- How to cast your vote: TBD
Incumbent MLA: Priya Krishna
Sitting MLA Priya Krishna won with a vote share of 55.36% in 2013. He was only 29 then. He is the son of MLA M Krishnappa (also known as Layout Krishnappa), also an MLA, representing Vijayanagar Constituency. He is of the richest candidates with Rs 910 Crore+ in assets, 777 cr in liabilities in 2013. Current assets are 1020 crores and liabilities 802 crores.
Priya Krishna, a post-graduate with a degree in Law, has been active in the party since 2006, helping out with campaign work with his father.
- Earlier Interview: A day at MLA’s office: Of lemon rice, hot pongal and crazy crowd
- Related Data: http://opencity.in/information/karnataka-election-candidate-profile-priyakrishna
List of candidates, 2018
Indian National Congress
Bharatiya Janata Party
A Nagendra Prasad
Janata Dal (secular)
Full list of candidates
|2013 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share %|
|T M Range Gowda||JD(S)||20662||68||15.74%|
|2008 candidates||Party||Votes||Age||Vote Share %|
- Citizens for Bengaluru’s Beku Beda manifesto
- Bengaluru Apartment Federation’s Wish list
- Makkala Jagriti’s Wishlist for Government Schools
- Runners demand open spaces, parks and sports facilities
- Green manifesto asks candidates to commit to segregation, composting, plastic ban
The constituency covers Prashanth Nagar, Corporation Colony, BMP Colony, Govindaraja Nagar, Magadi Chord road Layout, Thimmenahalli, CHBS Layout, Binni Layout, Vijaya Nagar 1st Stage and a few other areas. The voter count, 2013: 239,480. It has gone up to 292,973 as of May 2018.