A press note from Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) brings you the details of new bus arrangements for Onam season, from Bengaluru. Here goes the press note text:
In view of Tiru Onam festival, KSRTC has made elaborate arrangements for operating extra buses as mentioned below in addition to the existing schedules to provide transport facility to the traveling public from 03/09/2014 to 09/09/2014.
- Special buses from Mysore Road Bus Station and Shanthinagar Bus Station in Bangalore will be exclusively operated in important places of Kerala State i.e, Cannanoor, Kozikod, Ernakulam, Palghat, Trissur, Kottayam, Tiruvananthapuram, etc.
- Facility to book computerized reservation tickets in advance for the special buses have been provided.
- Reserved passengers should note the place of boarding in their reservation ticket.
- Passengers can book tickets online by logging on to www.ksrtc.in.
- Advance reservation of tickets for the special and scheduled buses of KSRTC can be booked through 173 counters in Bangalore City, 14 counters in Mysore and 54 counters in Mangalore and other 230 computerized reservation counters of KSRTC located at other places in Karnataka.
- A discount of 5% on the fare will be extended, if four or more passenger’s book tickets in a single ticket and a discount of 10% is offered on the return journey ticket if onward and downward journey tickets are booked simultaneously.
The details of the special operations like place and timings of departure have been provided in the computerized advance reservation network and KSRTC website for the information of the traveling public.
This press note has been sent by KSRTC Public Relation Officer, as published here as is, in the section ‘Message Forward’ meant for public interest messages by non-profits, individuals and corporates.