BBMP has started property tax payment collection for 2012-13. Application forms for tax payment are available at all offices for a fee of Rs 5. Garbage cess should be calculated and paid along with property tax.
TAX RATES & REBATES
- No revision in rates. No change in self-declared tax and building depreciation.
- Pay by 30th May 2012. After that, additional interest of 2% for every month of delay.
- Get a rebate of 5% by paying the full amount by 30th April.
WHERE TO PAY
- All BBMP offices and Bangalore One centers on all working days. Payment hours are from 9 am to 12.30 pm, and from 3 pm to 7 pm. Locate your Bangalore One centre here: http://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/public/b1centres.aspx
- You can pay in two half-yearly installments. The first installment is due without interest by 30th May 2012 and the second without interest by 29th November 2012.
- Those who have already declared tax for 2008-2009, can use their credit/debit cards to pay tax online on BBMP website.
- For 2011-12 and 2012-13, pay at: http://1113.sasbbmp.com
- For 2009-10 and 2010-11, pay at: http://sasbbmp.com
- All property owners with property in B Register (temporary Khata) and those who have not yet obtained a Khata can also pay tax in the nearest office.
- Owners of properties in revenue layouts and apartments can pay self-declared tax in B Register in the nearest office until those sites are legalised under ‘Sakrama rule’. (Editor’s note: Readers, Sakrama Bill not yet approved by Governor of Karnataka)
CASH OR CHEQUE OR DD?
- Pay by cheques/DD/pay order or by credit/debit cards.
- If tax amount is less than Rs 1,000, it can be paid by cash.
- Those who pay by DD/pay order for amounts above Rs 15,000 will be given acknowledgement receipt immediately. For cheque payments, receipt will be given after cheque realisation. If cheque amount is less than Rs 15,000, acknowledgment will be given immediately.
This article was compiled with information from a BBMP release. For detailed guide, see: http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/topic/property%20tax