Special grants, ward-wise for each corporator
- Ward 172 – Rs 100 lakhs. Ward 176 – Rs 100 lakhs. Ward 177 – Rs 200 lakhs. Ward 178 – Rs 300 lakhs.
Ward project plans
Allocation for works as mentioned in draft annual BBMP budget:
Madiwala (Ward 172)
- Purchase of equipments to Madiwala Hospital – Rs 1 crore
- Construction of dhobi ghat at Madiwala Machideva quarters – Rs 1 crore
- Additional loops to Central Silk Board Flyover – Rs 25 lakh
BTM Layout (Ward 176)
- Development of parks – Rs 3.9 crores (this includes allocation for parks in Ejipura and Koramangala too)
JP Nagar (Ward 177)
- Development of stadium and playground at KSRTC layout and JP Nagar – Rs 5 crores
- Restoration of Puttenahalli lake – Rs 5 crores
- Footpath improvement – Rs 1.5 crores
Sarakki (Ward 178)
- Road related special development works – Rs 3 crores
- Improvement of 100 feet road – Rs 85 lakhs
- Construction of e-library – Rs 30 lakhs
- Storm Water Drain works – Rs 2 crores
- Footpath improvement – Rs 4 crores
Puttenahalli (Ward 187)
- Underpass along Ring Road – Rs 7.7 cr.
Additional details provided after the budget was approved in council on September 9th:
- The following approved grants are for special works. This is in addition to the standard Rs 2 crores (old wards) or Rs 3 crores (new wards)
- Development of JP Nagar 9th Phase Road, 80 feet Road (footpath) – Rs 360 lakhs
- Asphalting of Puttenahalli Road, Kothanur Road and surrounding roads – Rs 100 lakhs
- Restoration of major roads in Jayanagar Assembly Constituency – Rs 1600 lakhs
- In Jayanagar Assembly Constituency, development of Jaynagar complex in 3rd and 4th Blocks (Ward 169) – Rs 475 lakhs
- Development works in Ward 177, JP Nagar, Dollars Colony, low-lying areas, drains and roads – Rs 200 lakhs.
The damaged sanitary pipes in Jayanagar 1st and 2nd blocks, RBI colony, Tilaknagar, Gulbarga Colony etc will be replaced. Slums will be given water supply and good drain system. There are plans to concrete roads and lay footpaths.
Gangambika, Jayanagar Ward
The details of works have not been decided. Two works are already going on – the concreting of small roads at Raghavendra layout in Taverekere at the cost of Rs 99 lakhs; the construction of storm water drains at Tavarekere at the cost of Rs 12.5 lakhs will start soon.
BN Manjunath Reddy, Madiwala Ward
Six parks are being constructed now at the cost of Rs 2 lakhs each. The budget has allocated `1 lakh per ward for filling potholes in roads. After receiving feedback from public, I have created a list of the works. I’ll work with the budget funds as well as MLA funds.
GNR Babu, BTM Layout Ward
A job-oriented training centre will come up in JP Nagar at the cost of Rs 5 crores. Other plans will be decided after interactions with public. I will do 50 per cent of the works with MLA funds, and the rest with ward budget.
N Chandrashekhar Raju, JP Nagar Ward
I have asked the Mayor to allocate Rs 78 crore for developing roads in my ward. RWAs can take up management of lakes, parks etc informally, but not as a formal contract.
L Ramesh, Puttenahalli Ward
There are plans to construct a new park, and to improve the playground in 11th main. Rs 50 lakhs has been allocated in budget for the playground. The 6-inch sewage pipelines in Vysya Bank layout and ITA layout will be replaced with 9-inch pipes. There are plans for garbage segregation and to improve storm water drains in 5th and 8th blocks. Rs 3 crore has been allocated for storm water drains separately. I do not interact with the public directly, but hold meetings with citizen associations every 15 days.
B Somashekar, Shakambari Nagar Ward